I’m so excited about beginning this 3-year study with you! I hope you have a notebook to use with your reading. This will be where you write down the things you learn as you study.
The Old Testament is filled with history and not only that but an ongoing revelation of God to man. You’ll find they progressively reveal God’s plan for the redemption of mankind, from our creation and fall up to the birth of Jesus Christ.
For the next three weeks, you’ll be reading from the Book of Genesis, Chapters 1 through 24.
General study guides:
- Note what is created each day.
- Note the order of events and man’s relationship and responsibilities to God and to the woman.
- Learn about the serpent, his tactics, how he tempts Eve and what he says.
- Note Eve’s progression into sin.
- Note the consequence of Adam’s disobedience.
- Genesis 3:15 is the first promise of a Redeemer.
- Note the occupations and abilities of the people in Chapter 4
- Observe the reasons for the flood.
- Watch the timing of the events (rains for forty days and nights).
- List all you learn about the word covenant
- Note who was separated, how, when, where and why along with the result.
- Babylon plays an important role throughout the Bible. Its roots are in Genesis. Note what you learn about Babylon.
- Note when the focus changes to Abraham.
- Note any insights you learn about the way the people lived, how and why God deals with these men, their families, and their associates…what happens as a result.
I hope you’ll come back to this post and add comments as you study and think about these scriptures. Also, if you have questions, feel free to ask in the comments because this might be what someone else is wondering about, too. I’ll answer to the best of my ability in the comments as well, so be sure to ask to “follow” the comments on the posts.
Happy Reading and Studying!